Shire Martial Arts has been continually teaching Martial Arts classes for kids, teenagers and adults in the Sutherland Shire for over 20 years.
It’s interesting to reflect on where we began and what we’ve achieved in that time.
This Shire Martial Arts history time line stretches back from 23 May 1995, to 30 December 2017. In that time we've:
• Coached students to win regional, state and national Poomsei and sparring competitions as well as enter the world championships of sparring.
• Instructed the Sydney 2000 Taekwondo Demonstration Team.
• Help design the systems for the Sydney 2000 Olympic Taekwondo event and then manage them during the 2000 Olympic Games.
• Managed the 2002 Youth Olympic festival.
• Help organise the Athens 2004 Australian Taekwondo Olympic team.
• Supplied qualified referees to regional, state, national and international sparring events.
• Taught sport, human movement and self defence in Sydney's High schools and TAFE.
• Presented original keynote speeches and training programs for schools, community groups and service clubs as well as for small business and major corporations all over Sydney.
• Published an acclaimed book about 'non-violent' self defence.
• Produced regular feature articles for an international martial arts magazine.
• Won the 'Fastest Growing Black Belt School in Australia' industry award.
• Become the largest and most successful martial arts school in the St George and Sutherland Shires in Sydney's South.
• Participated in the Inaugural Australian Taekwondo Bongsul Championship at the AIS.
• Trained over 1200 students.
• Promoted 72 1st Dan black belts.
• Promoted 33 2nd Dan black belts
• Promoted 9 3rd Dan black belts
• Promoted 2 4th Dan black belts